I love food, I just think there are some things in this world that no matter what diet your on, you should have yummy things every day. I will go to the gym every day if that means I can have my precious Flama’s Doritos Chips. Laugh at me all you want. There the greatest. But for a more healthy yummy snack, try this.
banana nut granola with flax seeds
3 cups oats (not quick oats)
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup milled/ ground flax seeds
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup blown sugar unpacked
1 1/2 cup banana nut dry muffin mix
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup veg oil
1/4 cup crushed pecans
1/4 cup crushed banana chips
1. add first 6 ingredients together and mix well.
2. add next 3 wet ingredients together in a measuring glass and mix well.
3. add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until fully integrated.
4. place the granola mixture on baking sheets. make sure that there is no area higher than an inch to assure that it cooks fairly evenly.
5. bake at 325 degrees for 30 minute. make sure to take granola pans out of oven every 10 minutes to mix/toss/crumble.
6. let the granola cool and add the pecans and banana chips lastly.
(the recipe above makes for about 16 1/2 cup servings (8 cups in total), but i like to double it to have enough in stock since my boys like it so much. we have been really enjoying it sprinkled on our yogurt and fruit in the morning. yum yum! also, we have make a blueberry version of this by changing out the muffin mix to a blueberry one and adding almond slices and dried blueberries instead of the pecans and banana chips.)
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW